Chocolate tart recipe
A quick and simple dessert that can be prepared ahead, and will give you the chocolate fix we all need on cold autumn nights! I’ve used ready prepared sweet pastry to save even more time, so check out our latest chocolate tart recipe for your weekend baking fun.
You will need…
1 pack of ready prepared sweet short crust pastry
1 egg yolk
100g caster sugar
350g good quality dark chocolate
50g unsalted butter
25ml double cream
50ml rum or liqueur of choice
1 handful grated chocolate
Serves 6 to 8
Here’s what to do…
- Roll out the pastry on a little flour and line a 24cm loose-based flan tin. Line the base with baking powder and fill with baking beans. Bake at 180C for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate, butter, cream and rum in a bowl over a pan of boiling water
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and double in volume.
- Carefully fold the chocolate mixture into the whisked eggs and pour into the pastry case.
- Return to the oven for about 15 minutes until set.
- Leave to cool and remove from the ring. Sprinkle with the grated chocolate when ready to serve. Try serving with my choc chunk ice cream recipe which you can find here.
Prepare ahead to the end of stage 5, and refrigerate. Leave at room temperature for an hour before serving, and then complete stage 7.
That’s it for this weekend – here’s hoping you have a fun Halloween!
Style Tribe Quiz
Try our Style Tribes quiz to help figure out your Style ID
tribes quiz - sign up to download