Crab and Parmesan risotto recipe with Ruby & Kind
During the summer months I love to eat lighter, but with growing kids, I still need something to fill those cavernous holes known as stomachs, so this week’s crab and parmesan recipe from Ruby & Kind works on both levels. Delicious sweet crab meat with a pile of yummy arborio rice is perfect for lunch or supper on any summer hols day.
You will need…
2 small tins crab meat
1 white onion
2 garlic cloves
500g arborio rice
2 fish stock
A bunch of dill
Salt & pepper
Here’s what to do…
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and add to a pan along with a good glug of olive oil and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add the arborio rice and the paprika and lightly fry while stirring for 2 minutes to crack the husks of the rice
- Peel and finely dice the carrot and add to the pan
- Bring a kettle of water to the boil
- Mix the fish stock with 200ml of the freshly boiled water per person
- Add a little of the fish stock at a time at around 2 to 3 minutes intervals stirring occasionally until all of the fish stock is in the pan
- Drain the crab meat of the brine in a colander
- Once the fish stock is in the pan, add the crab meat and the peas and allow to cook for a further 5 minutes on a low heat
- Grate half of the Parmesan cheese into the risotto
- Tear the dill into the risotto and season with a little salt & pepper to taste
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, a sprig of dill and grate the remaining parmesan over the top.
Tip: Risotto is a labour of love and should be served the way you like it. We like ours slightly thick, though if you prefer a little wetter just add a little more water.