Mushroom Ramen Recipe with Ruby & Kind
It’s time to start thinking new season foods as well as new season fashion, and luckily thanks to our friends over at lovely local provisions store Ruby & Kind we’ve got a ton of autumnal recipes heading your way for the weekends to come. This weekend we’re starting out with this delicious mushroom ramen recipe which not only smells and tastes great, it’s also super easy to throw together for a fast family meal.
You will need…
3 field/portobello mushrooms
30g miso paste
5ml soy sauce
50g mange tout
50g broad beans
100g udon noodles
Small bunch of coriander
Here’s what to do…
- Peel and roughly slice the onion and add to a pan or wok with a little olive oil
- Chop the pepper and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes over a high heat
- Chop the mushroom and add to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes
- Add the soya beans and reduce the heat to a moderate flame
- Add 250ml of water per person and the soy sauce and allow to come to the boil
- Add the miso soup paste and stir in
- Add the udon noodles and allow to cook over a moderate heat for 4 minutes
- Serve in a deep bowl with a few pinches of chopped coriander.
Tip: Soya beans are a fantastic source of protein. Keep them as a store cupboard staple as they are so versatile.