New Years Eve recipe idea
With the big NYE ahead and lots of people getting their party plans together, I thought it would be the ideal time to bring you this yum New Years Eve recipe idea. Perfect served as a starter, and can be prepared ahead to allow you a hassle free lunch or evening meal.
Twice baked smoked salmon soufflé with horseradish cream
You will need…
50g plain flour
100g cream cheese
1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
100g smoked salmon, chopped
3 large eggs, separated
Zest ½ lemon
2 tbsp creamed horseradish sauce
3 tbsp crème Fraiche
sprigs of dill
Juice ½ lemon
100g smoked salmon
8 ramekin dishes, buttered and base lined with parchment paper
Here’s what to do…
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the flour, then gradually add the milk, whisking to give a smooth sauce. Simmer for a few minutes until it thickens, remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese and dill.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- Beat the egg yolks one at a time into the sauce, then fold in the egg whites, chopped salmon, lemon zest and season. Fill each ramekin dish.
- Place the ramekin dishes into a roasting dish and pour boiling water around them, halfway up their sides.
- Bake in the oven at 180C for 15 to 20 minutes until the soufflés have puffed up and just about to set.
- Leave to cool a little and turn out onto a plate.
- Place onto a baking tray lined with parchment and cook again at 190C for 12 to 15 minutes until they rise again.
- Meanwhile, mix the horseradish, crème Fraiche and lemon zest together and season.
- To serve, place each soufflé on a bed of salad leaves, top with smoked salmon and drizzle with the horseradish cream, lemon juice, olive oil. Finally, add a sprig of dill and season with black pepper.
Prepare ahead to the end of stage 6. Can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple of days before baking again and serving.
For more party-ready recipes check out our earlier posts on Christmas canapés here.
Style Tribe Quiz
Try our Style Tribes quiz to help figure out your Style ID
tribes quiz - sign up to download