Saturday Supper recipe: Spicy Sausage Meat Rigatoni
We picked a super easy Saturday Supper recipe for our ongoing foodie collab with lovely local farm store Ruby & Kind this week. It’s all about a spicy sausage meat and some rigatoni. With kids on half term, this is a family filler which you can prep in ten minutes and have on the table in another fifteen.
You will need…
220g Sausage meat
300g Rigatoni pasta
400g Tin of chopped tomatoes
1 Teaspoon paprika
2 Garlic cloves
5 ml Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tablespoon Parmesan
Small bunch of basil
Salt and pepper to taste
For a serving of 2 – double up on ingredients to serve 4
Here’s what to do…
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil before adding the pasta and cooking for 8 minutes
- Drain the pasta and set aside until required
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic and add to a pan with a glug of olive oil. Cook over a high heat for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the paprika and as much or as little of the chilli as you wish.
- Add the sausage meat and cook over a medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring all the time to allow the sausage meat to break up
- Add the chopped tomato and balsamic vinegar along with a pinch of salt & pepper and allow to cook out over a low heat for 10 to 12 minutes
- Add the pasta to the sauce and stir
- Serve with a few fresh basil leaves and a sprinkling of parmesan
Tip: You can always add more chilli as you go, so add a little to start, then taste before adding more if required.
With thanks to Ruby & Kind for supplying the ingredients and The Original Supper Box Company for the great recipe.
To shop the utensils we used, click the images below.
Style Tribe Quiz
Try our Style Tribes quiz to help figure out your Style ID
tribes quiz - sign up to download