Vegetarian Burrito recipe.
I’m always rubbish at trying to make appealing vegetarian meals. On a good day, the best I can come up with is a salad, on a bad day, a baked potato is my piece de resistance. Luckily the fine folk over at Ruby and Kind have come to my rescue this summer with this delicious vegetarian burrito recipe which means I can entertain my veggie mates with just as much stylish nosh as I can my other guests at a seasonal gath.
You will need…
200g sweet corn
1 large pepper
1 large white onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tin kidney beans
15g burrito seasoning
1 packet filo pastry
100ml sour cream
250g long grain rice
A pinch of chilli flakes
Here’s what to do…
1. Preheat an oven to 210c/fan200c/gas mark 5
2. Place the rice in a pan and cover with double the volume of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes before draining.
3. Peel and chop the garlic and onion and add to a pan with a good glug of olive oil.
4. Roughly chop the pepper and add to the pan before cooking over a high heat for 3 minutes until the onion and pepper have softened.
5. Open and drain the kidney beans and add to the pan along with the sweetcorn and burrito seasoning.
6. Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat to cool.
7. Lay 3 sheets of filo pastry on top of each other per person and place spoonful’s of the kidney bean mix in the centre before rolling to form a cylinder.
8. Place the burrito on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil before baking in the oven for 18 minutes.
9. Serve with a spoonful of rice, rocket and a sprinkle of chilli flakes as well as the sour cream.
You can make the burritos in advance and store them in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
I’m amazed my burrito turned out to be yummy and didn’t look half bad either – maybe there’s more to this vegetarian lark than meets the eye…?
With thanks to Ruby and Kind for the ingredients and The Original Supper Box Company for the fab recipe. For more of their easy to follow recipes which you can get delivered to your door complete with ingredients check out their website here.