Now this is one of those spooky occasions when, by a freak accident, right now my wishlist has suddenly been demoted to exactly that, just a wish.
Thanks to a fire in the ski chalet we’ve booked in February, some of this wish list ain’t going to make it anywhere near snow anytime soon.
Of course, clicking into my glass half full mode, which I resolved at New Year, would pervade my every waking thought for 2013, we will find another and the 9 non refundable return flights to Geneva will not be wasted.
So here’s my pick of the Apres Ski style for this season, in case I do get there in the end.
1. Anything shearling hits a seasonal style note, not to mention keeps you snuggly warm after a nerve racking spin on the slopes.
2. Ridiculously fluffy boots which have you thinking you might possibly be Kate Moss in Gsdaat hanging with the hip crowd. When in truth, your mother would be proud of you because they are a) extremely practical and b) uber warm.
3. Reversible base layers from Alp’nRock. These genius tops allow you to wear the layer twice, which means less packing, which ergo means more space in your bag to snag and bring home lovely luxury items only available in cute alpine resort.
4. A little cashmere can never be a mistake, and yes I’m all for the kitsch ironic Holiday sweater.
Chinti & Parker sweater
5. The obligatory bobble hat to ensure your noggin stays warm as you trip from bar to bar for the Apres Ski scene.
Style Tribe Quiz
Try our Style Tribes quiz to help figure out your Style ID
tribes quiz - sign up to download